Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Expensive Couch

"My therapist told me the way to achieve inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M & M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."

Dave Barry

THE EXPENSIVE COUCH

I had to see my shrink today

I thought my train of thought derailed

It always seems to be this way

With projects I start have failed

He listened like he always does

Complaints, yes, I had many

I wanted to go back in time

To the days when I was skinny

There was always so much energy

I was sure to get things done

It was but just a snap for me

To finish more projects than just one

It is funny I blame my addled mind

Instead of my advancing years

For the roadblocks I tend more to find

Within my atmosphere

So now I write another check

As often I tend to do

For a therapist to hunt and peck

About what the heck I already knew

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment