Saturday, November 22, 2014

Never Too Late To Learn

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."

NEVER TOO LATE TO LEARN

Back in time when I was young and new

Learning seemed to be an afterthought

Too many other things that I wanted to do

Caused me lacking  knowledge I should have let be taught

My bank account of skills were lacking

As were investments in my political knowledge

It was my own initiative lagging

Survival in life doesn't need years in college

Too late in life I craved just knowing

Anything and everything my mind could digest

Had I had this will as I was growing

So many contributions I would have saved to invest

Learning is an ongoing lifetime burden

Better done with young, fresh minds

But before my last act, my final curtain

I found it not too late to enhance my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment