Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Family, My Friends

"Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care."

Jerry Cantrell American Musician 1966

MY FAMILY, MY FRIENDS

I sit here in denial about losing my hair

I'm a woman, after all, and it just isn't fair

I look at my brush, and most of it's there

But one thing I know, my loved ones still care

I look in the mirror and I think it's a sin

The person staring back has a full double chin

Where is that good looker I saw way back when?

But my loved ones still hug me each time I walk in

I'm loaded with wrinkles all over my face

My cottage cheese thighs make my heart ache

My boobs, they are drooping for heavens sake

The teeth that I chew with for years have been fake

But one thing is constant I know that is true

This wreck of a being is still loved by you

I feel it with every good thing you do

With family like mine it is hard to be blue

No comments:

Post a Comment