Sunday, November 16, 2014

Oops!

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."

Dave Barry

OOPS

My system just seemed to be blocked

My tummy was hard as a rock

My meals were caught in a traffic jam

The pancakes for breakfast and dinner's ham

Hours upon the throne

Reading catalogs while I strained and moaned

I was so tired by the end if the day

People aren't meant to push from within this way

So I gave up when I needed to sleep

My blockage surely can keep

A laxative I swallowed to move things around

So in the morning I could flush that traffic jam down

Oh, but my tummy ached

So a sleeping pill I chose to take

It was definitely a folly those two remedies I took

Surprise!  In my jammies was one major oops

As that night falls away to past tense

I had to question my common sense

To take such opposing pills before sleep

It won't happen again, that one promise I'll keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment