Monday, December 2, 2013

Without a Map

"So they got us surrounded, GOOD! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time."

WITHOUT A MAP

I ran in one direction

From perceived enemies of mine

It proved to be a dead end

Because I didn't see the sign

I sprinted off to find the way

Again another wall

I circled back around again

In a ravine I took a fall

I climbed out on my hands and knees

Accepting every branch

I went too far and lo and behold

I didn't have a chance

I stopped to take a breath

And take some time to think

I was offered a juicy apple

What looked like some kind of snake

I got my wits collected

I turned and walked away

I asked for some direction

When I found the chance to pray

Immediately a door was opened

I was invited to step in

I was offered quiet respit

From the times I chose to sin

At worst my time was wasted

On so many thoughtless turns

At best I found the high way

In the lessons that I learned

I had begun my journey

With no guidance from above

The only map I needed

Was to reach out for His love

No comments:

Post a Comment