Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Restricted

Dr. Dyer said...Freedom means you are unobstructed in living your life as you choose. Anything less is a form of slavery."

RESTRICTED

It is reasonable to accept some laws

Meant as guidelines for a civilized society

But when government mandates restrict my will

It is apt to increase my anxiety

When free market becomes a directive

That limits my self respect

When the government boot leaves prints on my neck

That, my fellow countrymen, I refuse to accept

When my life becomes a humongous glass slide

Under our own government's microscope

When laws are made by executive order

My tolerance  level goes beyond how I cope

If government has become my master

Is it not slavery to their cause?

It is then I will fight the proverbial chains

And I will choose to disobey their laws

No comments:

Post a Comment