Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Independent Wisdom

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." CONFUCIOUS

INDEPENDENT WISDOM

Tell me and I shall forget

Words are slippery, to my regret

Just another tale that may surface eventually

Not a true source of mine, intellectually

I am apt to remember what I see

But names can escape faces in all reality

So many photos I have in my head

Too many words from books I have read

But let my hands mold the clay

Allow me to trip on the bumps along the way

Wisdom and knowledge are firmly imbedded

Along the path I walk towards the purpose I'm headed

When I have walked the shore

Felt the spray and watched the gulls soar

When the world with my eyes has been thoroughly scanned

Then, my friend, I WILL understand






No comments:

Post a Comment