Sunday, December 22, 2013

Discovering My Purpose

Henry David Thoreau...

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

DISCOVERING MY PURPOSE

I did not come to this meadow

To languish without thought

I came to find my way

In the lessons I was taught

I did not enter the forest

To find darkness among the trees

I came to find some solitude

And hope God would hear my pleas

I did not climb the mountain

To prove I was the best

I sit here atop this mountain

Because I passed my private test

I did not wade into the ocean

For the tide to sweep me away

I went to catch a massive wave

And return to face my day

I did not enter this world

To wait my way through life

I came to live it fully

Through pleasure and through strife

I will not walk into the desert

To find a place to die

Just to find me looking back

At a life that was a lie

No comments:

Post a Comment