Sunday, December 1, 2013

WISHES ARE FOR THE YOUNG

"Not until we are forced with a crises or sadness do we begin to remember that if we only laughed a bit more, loved a lot more, and felt the simplicity of loving ourselves-just a little more...this day would be the greatest day ever." Lee Pryke

WISHES ARE FOR THE YOUNG

It came to me one day

In the most painful diagnosis

For long I could not stay

Was the final sad prognosis

I wish I would have laughed harder

I wish I had loved a lot stronger

I should have been a self starter

I wish I could have lived longer

Wishes are for the present

For future wants and desires

Not for a convalescent

With the reality of waning fires

Be the best, live the most

I wish I had been the one

To laugh and sing and make a toast

Before my time had come

No comments:

Post a Comment