Monday, December 9, 2013

Social Justice...the Life Sentence

"I am certain that nothing has done so much to destroy the juridical safeguards of individual freedom as the striving after this mirage of social justice." Friedrich August von Hayek (1899-1992)

SOCIAL JUSTICE...THE LIFE SENTENCE

Born in a world where rights were king

And taught by my parents the best to bring

Working my mind overtime to make the grade

Preparing for success once my bed is made

Then progressive politicians were handed the deck

And all I can do is bet or check

Anything left I am mandated to share

With those who had no intention to get anywhere

Everyone knows social justice is an impossibility

When there are only a few who take responsibility

Status is made by the people who earn

And work their days while at night they learn

Social justice is a jail of sorts

Mass life sentences without a court

For those with no will the fact remains

They are oblivious to their ball and chain

No comments:

Post a Comment