Saturday, May 10, 2014

When Life Became a Prison

The French Novelist Honore de Balzae (1799-1850) said that “a mother who is really a mother is never free.”

WHEN LIFE BECAME A PRISON

That new life inside of me

Had brought new responsibility

Now life would never be my own again

Until my baby was grown...and then

I felt every little bump and bruise

His losses and his teenaged blues

When he fell in love I felt his joy

And at the birth of his new baby boy

Yes it is true I will never be free again

But though chains would bind me I remember when

Before I ever knew the sheer overtaking

Of a new life we were making

When my life became a prison

With that little life I was given

I never thought that being bridled

Could be euphoria never rivaled

He is always and forever to be in my heart and on my mind

The truest form of love could never be denied

I was to have my purpose yet defined

When that little life I held became part of mine









No comments:

Post a Comment