Sunday, May 25, 2014

Counting Blessings

PRAYER

"You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance."

KHALIL GIBRAN

COUNTING BLESSINGS

Dear God, hi, I'm just checking in

I'm awful sorry that it is usually about scrapes I've been in

But I feel so blessed today, I don't really know why

I just came to realize that life gets me high

With my coffee in my hand, on the porch I am sitting

Thinking about time wasted on things not worth regretting

After all, my mistakes have been for life's lessons

Doesn't that make my errors more like blessings?

The breeze feels good and sounds like song

As it blows through the trees and the birds sing along

Is the sky bluer today for some reason?

Perhaps it seems so at the start of this season

Winter was rough at times, I must say

But the glistening snow brought beauty to each day

Spring always looks like hope on the horizon

Must be the the fresh air, I'm just realizing

But anyway I thought I'd just say hello

Thank you again for the fireflies that glow

I appreciate the feeling of the sun on my face

You are the Creator of such a wonderful place

No comments:

Post a Comment