Monday, May 12, 2014

The Subject...Ovid

"Happy is the man who has broken the chains which hurt the mind, and has given up worrying once and for all." Ovid

THINK POSITIVE?

I doubt if it is possible

But miracles do exist

If only it could be probable

I never could resist

I'd erase my mind of worry

Trust that things will go my way,

But my peaceful thoughts would scurry

And give me twice the angst for days

~~

"Happy are those who dare courageously to defend what they love." Ovid

ONE VOICE

I'm a grizzly bear with a cub

I keep him close to me

I'm a patriot with a club

Who defends my liberty

I am a clown with a painted smile

Who could turn immediately to rage

When a terrorist invades my country

In violent, underhanded ways

I am first and foremost an American

Who will sing our anthem right on cue

I salute our symbol, our beloved flag

I bleed freely red, white, and blue

I am happy with my choice

To love God and fellow man

And I am but one single voice

Please join me if you can

~~

"In our leisure we reveal what kind of people we are." Ovid

"Do you really want to know what I'm about? Sit right down for a leisurely chat and open any subject. I love, I live to share!"  M. Beatty

~~

Ovid was a Roman poet born 43 BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment