Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Morher's Loss

"The human heart does not stay away too long from that which hurt it most. There is a return journey to anguish that few of us are released from making."

Lillian Smith American Novelist 1897-1966

A MOTHER'S LOSS

Once a hapless little egg

Had made it journey only to be joined

By a seed of love on its final leg

To wherever it was going

Destiny was forever changed

My life would never be my own again

I was to be forever chained

To that little life from way back when

It is the severed string that brings the pain

When her child embarks to a place unknown

She thinks it will never be the same again

Once her little one is now on his own

Though he grew and found a brand new life

And I was sent to find my own again

He embraced a journey and a loving wife

And left me with memories from way back when

But alas, I have returned

To the journey he has offered to share

There is one thing I have learned

As a mother I'm a millionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment