Sunday, May 25, 2014

As I Paint My Picture

JOHN HENRY JOWETT was an Anglican Missionary and Author who lived 1787-1855. He worked in Malta, Syria, and Palestine.

"Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road."

AS I PAINT MY PICTURE

How often I have walked my day with a chip on my shoulder

Too often I have entertained regrets as I grow older

So often I have found a way to paint my world black

Far too many times I lived for looking back

Then just like a bolt of lightening reality strikes my thoughts

So often I'd been thankful for the many breaks I caught

Most people in my life brought me joy instead of pain

So many blessings to count each day that will remain

The sun will be there tomorrow, this fact I choose know

The dark nights will be sprinkled with the brightest stars aglow

Flowers will rise above any weeds that dare to grow

Refreshing it will be with the cool winds that blow

Blue skies will replace the memories that feed my regrets

Children's laughter will be a reason for the joy life begets

Accomplishments I remember will erase my youthful errors

And I know along with my loved ones, God still cares

As I paint my final picture during my twilight years

I will use the brightest colors replacing any lingering tears

Flowers will represent the gratitude that blossoms in my soul

A rainbow will depict my spirit, not the fact I'm growing old





No comments:

Post a Comment