Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Victims

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." Harvey Fierstein

THE VICTIMS

Too many years wasted as a wallflower

Thinking I was insignificant

It is so important when you are young

To be a popular participant

A victim, was I of low self esteem

Made to think I was ugly and fat

That is what makes bullies feel better

Making others an easy target

Rebellion was mine back in those days

Frustration was what I often tasted

Being at the bottom made no sense

I am ashamed of the years I had wasted

I AM someone with a soul and a mind

I HAVE feelings and they can be shattered

To build their importance was their reason for my pain

To the bullies none of it mattered

I am the girl with embarrassing freckles

I am the boy with wild red hair

I am the child who eats lunch by myself

And I see not a one of you cares

No comments:

Post a Comment