Thursday, October 31, 2013

It's Just What Will Come

Mark Twain said that "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

IT'S JUST WHAT WILL COME

It has been a busy life

Good times, bad times

Exceptional days and strife

But mostly just everyday times

There have been days so devastating

That death would have been preferred

I hated just participating

In some crap that had occurred

But mostly I put my trust in God

I feared death as just unknown

Dwelling on it would be quite odd

But I wondered where I was going

Life itself was more the question

As I had to face it on my own

The certainty of death in my impression

Is always etched in stone

There is no changes I could make

To prevent death when it shall come

I'll glean from life what I can take

As I just keep moving on

No comments:

Post a Comment