Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pain

C.S. Lewis ...

."But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world."

PAIN

I can see the world smile with me in my pleasures

Briefly in passing until I walk by

They will atta-boy me as I count my treasures

Interested, not enough, to laugh or to cry

When I write from my soul what moves my conscience

Some may cheer briefly as I take my stand

But they're really too busy to be involved in my nonsense

But I still write what I feel when I can

If the same disinterested people can hear me

When I'm stabbed in the back and cry out in pain

Those same people who walked away now stand near me

And roar for justice like s runaway train

Nothing brings outrage like injured souls

Pain is a huge megaphone

Sympathy's the emotion where interest is grown

Betrayal is visitor who everyone's known

No comments:

Post a Comment