Monday, June 2, 2014

My Imprint

"We judge ourselves by what we feel we are capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have done." H.W. Longfellow (1807-1882) American Poet

MY IMPRINT

Is it I who see myself so high and mighty

I fail to attain my true potential

I believe I am already with the elite

But I remain inconsequential

Is it I who consider myself so lowly

I have resigned myself to that?

In my mind I feel "why try?"

And I have lived life in a shack

How many of us stay in mediocrity

And look askew at those above and below us

Why do others see our potential?

Why is it easier for others to know us?

In the end will I look back to see

That I failed or over-achieved?

Will I be just another also ran

Because it was I who would not believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment