Friday, July 5, 2013

Second Wind and Not One Regret

1967 was 70.2 years of age.

Both of these quotes are from the Scottish Philosopher, Thomas Carlyle who lived 1795-1881.

I’ve got great ambition to die from exhaustion rather than boredom.

Second Wind

When I hear I am considered elderly

I really get quite miffed

There is nothing about me I can see

With the exception of being quite stiff

I have so much more to do

Work took my younger years

Whoever would have known

I'd find a few more gears

So watch out world, I have places to go

And so much I haven't seen yet

I can go along where the wind will blow

And have little to regret

And....

Old age is not a matter for sorrow. It is a matter for thanks if we have left our work done behind us.

Nothing Undone

Sorry I am not for things left undone

Because I did my best to close my goals one by one

If all was not achieved, it doesn't mean I didn't try

I won't be old and tired, looking back and asking why?

No comments:

Post a Comment