Saturday, July 20, 2013

REFRESHED

When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing....just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing, the tree limbs, and waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?

Ralph Marston

Born January 18 1955/American Writer

This morning beginning at around 3 am I sat in the back yard and watched a storm come in. By 5 am I was sitting on the front porch feeling the strong wind and rain while I became part of the storm...wait, I shouldn't be talking about it, I should be poeting.

Refreshed

Sleep was escaping me

The heat for days had been too much

I longed for the cool fingers of change

To reach out for a touch

As I tossed and turned in sweat a soaked bed

I caught a glimpse of the late night sky

The full moon glowed an orange red

But dark clouds were gathering nearby

I sprinted down the stairs with glee

And took a seat in my back yard

A summer storm was calling me

That I couldn't disregard

Lightning illuminated the sky with wonder

Amidst the drum roll for effect

Of course it was the sound of thunder

What more could I expect?

The wind arrived to blow away

The heat that made me melt

The storm was here to have its say

Exhilaration is what I felt

Wet and refreshed I became a part

Of the fury that nature released

Sometimes a storm can touch your heart

Then fade you back to peace




No comments:

Post a Comment