Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Falling

QUOTE

In the richest country in the history of the world, the Obama economy has crushed the middle class. Family income has fallen by $4,000, but health insurance premiums are higher, food prices are higher, utility bills are higher, and gasoline prices have doubled. Today more Americans wake up in poverty than ever before.

Mitt Romney

Falling

I was never rich, but I got by

And had change left from my dollars

I traveled under clear blue skies

On mostly calm blue waters

I did my share and shared my lot

Was not afraid to work

Extravagant, I was not

I enjoyed an occasional perk

Now I struggle to find extra pennies

To buy a loaf of bread

Extras? There is never any

I do without instead

The car I drive is fifteen years old

Repairs are hard to do

In the winter my house is drafty and cold

In the summer I sweat and stew

Utilities are up, you see

I need to economize

This wasn't how it used to be

What to pay, I must compromise

Yes, I was once in the middle class

Comfortable with my status

But politics have come to pass

With Obama's policies now thrown at us

I'm now teetering on depression

And living in near poverty

In this extended fiscal recession

With no hope for recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment