Sunday, July 21, 2013

Appreciation

Ever increasingly disillusioned

Of what pitfalls life had dealt me

Was this my self imposed seclusion?

It's been too long since someone held me

As the teardrops stung my eyes

I caught a glimpse of a single cloud

Who'd have known a symbol from the sky

Could speak to me so loud

It was an angry storm cloud lingering

But it's edge glowed brightly silver

It set my rigid spine a-tingling

In the message it delivered

I swear that day my Lord had spoken

In a sign that set me right

It wasn't the world around me broken

I realized with great delight

I was reminded to appreciate

The wonders stacked around me

It was time that I initiate

The new attitude that found me

M. BEATTY

RALPH MARSTON:

What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it....would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way, in order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment