Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Gun

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826

THE GUN

Tucked away and out of sight

It is with peace of mind that I know it is there

The gun I posses is my silent body guard

A simple guilty pleasure, I think that's fair

All shapes and sizes and of various power

My gun collection is a source of pride

I may only use them at a target shoot

But behind locked doors I need not hide

When the neighborhood screams in the night

I are empowered to have my gun nearby

Perpetrators will risk their lives

Should they cross my thresholds or even try

Once a shrinking violet, me

My gun restored my dignity






DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment