Saturday, September 6, 2014

Life's Storms

I watched that 13 Hours special also and really felt the agony and heroism those men experienced. I cried Everytime emotion overtook them as they recounted those painful, terrifying hours.

When the storms of life come, if they come to me personally, to my family or to the world, I want to be strong enough to stand and be a strength to somebody else, be shelter for somebody else. Amme Granham Lotz 1948

LIFE'S STORMS

The storms, they came full force again

Fear gripped us as they violently blew in

They said it would be a monstrous event

The demons of destruction were hell bent

I gathered my family and warned my friends

Went into the basement to escape the winds

My neighbors are always welcome to shelter here

We huddled together, the near and dear

It sounded like the roar of a runaway train

The house itself shook, it was insane

We heard crashing as trees came down

We covered our ears to mute the sound

Things grew silent but for tearful sobs

It was time to view what nature robbed

We thanked The Lord we were all alive

And we're here to see the sun arrive

We climbed the stairs and forced back the clutter

That blocked the doors we sheltered under

At first we thought what we owned was gone

Then remembered we survived and could move on

Neighbors and friends gathered our precious possessions

Left behind from a storm's aggression

Such is life in any circumstance

Life's storms destroy but love's enhanced

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment