Monday, September 8, 2014

Our Way

I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful.

BOB HOPE 1903-2003

OUR WAY

As the sadness overcomes me

And the loneliness is too much to bear

I think about the best of you

When you were always there

The times we spoke to say the words

Simultaneously in our thoughts

I wonder when it happened

That connection so often sought

So many years together

Even when apart

We shared the same emotions

Beating in two hearts

Now you're gone and I'm still here

But I'll never be alone

You left behind your laughter

And it warms me to the bone

If for a moment I break out crying

Don't worry about my tears

I'll always smile or even laugh

Like we did for thirty-three years





DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment