Thursday, September 18, 2014

The American General

GENERAL DOUGLAS MACARTHUR 1880-1964

"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others."

THE AMERICAN GENERAL

As a general I stand above my soldiers

With courage I insist they share

Never asking them to put themselves

At places I would not be there

I'll ask my president to trust me

In military decisions that must be made

Because my soldiers need to rely on me

To serve courageously, not be afraid

And the ultimate goal is to have a heart

Commanding my country's daughters and sons

I'll be stern but my compassion will endure

Once I arm them with a gun

Their welfare will be my ultimate concern

When my wartime strategies persist

In my decisions I must stand alone

In the battles conseice and swift

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment