Monday, September 29, 2014

Discovery and Being There

WALT WHITMAN. He lived 1819-1892

"Oh while I live, to be the ruler of life, not a slave, to meet life as a powerful conqueror, and nothing exterior to me will ever take command of me."

DISCOVERY

Too long I had been the rug on the floor

Just asking to be walked on by superior feet

Far too long I hid behind my door

Fearing contact with better people I might meet

Then I met the real me

A warrior destined to conquer my fears

My existence was meant to be

I am equal among my peers

A difference I can truely make

With my courage of a lion and warm heart

It was just that first step I needed to take

And with introspection found a place to start

~~

We convince by our presence.

BEING THERE

Be not a face in the crowd

Be not a whisper among the shouting

Stand out and be loud

Be not the one there doubting

Be part of the solution to adversity

Be a citizen that would make the founders proud

Be an influence that marks eternity

You are the stand out in the crowd

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment