Sunday, September 28, 2014

Recharged

"Solitude is very different from time out from our busy lives. Solitude is the very ground from which community grows. Whenever we pray alone, study, read, write, or simply spend quiet time away from the places were we interact with each other directly, we are potentially opened for a deeper intimacy with each other."

Henri Nouwen

RECHARGED

There is this place I go where no one is allowed

But me

I tag it in my heart as hallowed ground

You see

My thoughts are free to wander

Into the clear blue yonder

Souls need time to heal

Don't you agree?

This place is only open to myself

Sometimes I cry

It is where problems are put away up on a shelf

So I can fly

I float in utter silence

Escaping all the violence

You may think it sounds so silly but it helps

When I return its like rebirth

I feel renewed

My purpose on this earth

I have reviewed

Before that day I felt like nothing

But now I'm back and I am something

Rejoicing in the dreams I will pursue

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment