Thursday, September 18, 2014

The American Soldier

"Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory."

General Douglas MacArthur

THE AMERICAN SOLDIER

I am an American soldier

Raised by patriots proud

I understand my weaknesses and know my strength

My head is not in the clouds

When I feel fear creep up on me

I face it with a prayer

I have been blessed to know that my loving Lord

No matter when, will always be there

If at times I endure defeat

I'll be proud that I did my best

Any battles can be won or lost

A true soldier can attest

In victory I will celebrate

But be humble and honorable over my fallen enemy

Knowing dancing around even an enemy's corpse

Will follow me in infamy

I am an American soldier

And will represent my country with honor I earned

And return to citizenry well schooled

As a patriot who proudly served



No comments:

Post a Comment