Wednesday, February 19, 2014

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

"If we can not live so as to be happy, let us at least live to deserve it." von Fichte

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

Painted sunsets over an ocean

Peaceful waves lapping at the shore

Pursuing a dream with a flickering lantern

It is not so easy as it seemed before

Steps forward taken in honest anticipation

Working hard for an ultimate reward

Striving for an elusive gratification

But held under by life's building hoard

Viewing a mountain's majesty

Yet knowing it is so hard to climb

Trying to be righteous amid worldly travesty

Trying hard to remember peace comes with time

Yea though I walk toward the vision in my mind

Brought to me with each beat of my heart

Hoping someday to leave all the trying behind

And find my earned bliss before my next journey starts

No comments:

Post a Comment