Thursday, February 13, 2014

I, The Poet

I laughed when I read this quote because it seemed so me. "A poets work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it from going to sleep." I, THE POET My words may be abrasive, evasive or intimidating At times they will cut you, gut you and disgust you I can stir up a storm with a little rhyme I will antagonize you from time to time Then again what I write will soothe you or abuse you But my words set a fire and I won't lose you I can set the world spinning with a stoke of my pen And stop it in its tracks again and again With the rhymes and sentences that I employ I can ignite your anger or bring you joy My words my take you to the brink But in my defense, they make you think I, the poet in any random hour Possess the words that have the power To explode many minds to seek success When I'm on fire, this poet is blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment