Thursday, February 6, 2014

Fear

Fear stifles our thinking and actions. It creates indecisiveness that results in stagnation. I have known talented people who procrastinate indefinitely rather than risk failure. Lost opportunities cause erosion of confidence, and the downward spiral begins." Charles Stanley

FEAR

I hear the footsteps approaching

The chill that brings a shiver

My heartbeat becomes deafening

The lights begin to flicker

The darkness brings the blindness

And the monsters have appeared

But it is only an emotion

An emotion known as fear

It will make me hear the footsteps

That are only in my mind

An unknown presence frightening

The chills run down my spine

The beating heart reminds me

I am a mortal human being

My fear is for the failure

Unrealistically foreseen



No comments:

Post a Comment