Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Lie Becomes the Foundation

"When it comes to controlling human beings there is no better instrument than lies. Because you see, humans live by beliefs. And beliefs can be manipulated." Michael Ende

THE LIE BECOMES THE FOUNDATION

Alas, I had been led astray

But it is I who must be blamed

Because I believe in what they say

Using only half my brain

Research is time consuming

Questions are so intrusive

I end up just assuming

Nothing said was inconclusive

I allow the manipulation

And expect all said is true

Without deliberation

That the facts might be askew

Liars become the leaders

What else should we expect?

We have come to accept the cheaters

Because the truth has no respect

The lies became the foundation

In this nation facing a crash

Truth needs consideration

And the lies deserve the trash

No comments:

Post a Comment