Friday, October 31, 2014

Just Be a Friend

"Our dependency makes slaves out of us, especially if this dependency is a dependency of our self esteem. If you need encouragement, praise, pats on the back from everybody, then you make everybody your judge." Fritz Peris (1873-1970) psychiatrist, author.

JUST BE A FRIEND

A little bit of praise is nice

To fuel one's energy

But I don't need it but once or twice

I'm embarrassed if it's heaped on me

Your encouragement keeps me on the go

It pushes me down a positive path

But a little is enough to make me glow

True friends provide it, no need to ask

I'm proud for every "atta girl!"

Picky criticism gets old too soon

But I don't need kudos to around me swirl

And shoot my ego to the moon

I think we all just need good friends

Who in kindness spur us on

And will judge us fairly in the end

And miss us when we're gone

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment