Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Face

In the eight years here alone I stayed

With only my dogs for company

There was no reason to be afraid

No mortal intruder would bother me

Sometimes at night I felt a chill

And sensed faint footsteps above my head

In that lonely room so vacant still

Except for a lamp, a table, a bed

When the dogs barked I wasn't scared

Their protective nature comforts me

But sometimes at night I see them stare

At the ceiling where the vacant room would be

In the winter in the cold of night

Although the fireplace warmed my toes

A chilly presence seemed to wander by

In an instant its here then away it goes

By chance in the autumn of the year

I finished the chores as night time came

I sensed someone looking, but had no fear

When I saw a face behind the window pane

I never considered fleeing my quaint old farm

After the image appeared to smile and say

I'll never do you any harm

If you love it here you are welcome to stay

This has been his home for a century

He built it and cherished it  lovingly

It is here in forever he chooses to be

A ghostly angel resides with me





DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment