Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Taking My Time

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach.

TAKING MY TIME

I spent about an hour last night

The breeze was gentle, the temperature right

I leaned back in my outside chair

Staring mindlessly into the air

Stars were winking down at me

Lightning bugs were blinking fancy and free

A few clouds wandered aimlessly by

There was a lot going in in my back yard's sky

I took the long way into town

So I could drive slowly and look around

A country bridge invited me

To just stop and look at what I'd see

The stream below it, I watched it flow

It must have had some place to go

A recent rain had her refreshed

That's why she hurried by, I guess

Housework could wait another day

That's what I heard my four dogs say

We walked awhile, an hour or two

Days like these, I'll steal a few



DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment