Sunday, August 17, 2014

Adventures of the Heart

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside wishes. Who looks inside finds infinite wisdom." Sereda Aleta Dailey from THE ORACLE OF POETIC WISDOM

ADVENTURES OF THE HEART

I see infinity across the sea

A better life keeps calling me

In the reflection of a full moon

Across the water, could I leave soon?

I see rainbows across the fields of grain

And wonder if out there adventures still remain

Can I step astride my favorite horse

And reach that rainbow with no remorse?

As high and wide as I can see

The purple mountains beacon me

Had I been as strong as my state of mind

I'd leave my rocking chair behind

Looking inward at my memories

My past accomplishments comfort me

I spent some time out on the sea

With favorite people to accompany me

I rode my horses fast and slow

And enjoyed the nature I got to know

I took a tram to mountains high

And mingled with the deep blue sky

A person need not disappear

To find a life they want so dear

It's been within them all the time

Had they trusted what they had in mind

I looked within to find the will

And satisfied what I could fulfill

I used my wisdom to pick and choose

The moments I'd refuse to lose



DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment