Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Depression

"Get away from the place that makes you feel comfortable with your depression. The reality is it's never as bad as the insanity you've created in your head." Ben Huh

DEPRESSION

Comfortable in the darkness

Resigned to sullen days

Accepting the existence of my daily mess

Beginning to know not another way

Bursts of mild euphoria

Forced humor in the mix

No one reads your story

Or hears the words upon your lips

Listening to them saying "suck it up!"

More easier said than done

Devoid of periods of any luck

Preferring the darkness over dawn

Sleep is the perfect escape

It shuts everybody out

It becomes hard for me to terminate

Another hour of doubt

My mind is stale, my body numb

But I take one step then another

For each happy moment I have clung

Why do I even bother?

It's true, life is meant to savor

If one can read the signs

But for now retreat is my only savior

Trapped firmly in this mind

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment