Sunday, August 3, 2014

Learn From Me

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death." Leonardo da Vinci

LEARN FROM ME

It may be small, my mind

In relation to my peers

By my heart is huge, I am kind

And I go where my conscience steers

As tiny as my mind may be

I use it very well

I purge the evil that I see

An in effigy send it straight to hell

I retain the good I gather

And share it faithfully

Divisive rhetoric doesn't matter

Compassionate I'd rather be

I wear my principles on my sleeve

And what I reap I sow

I'm sincere enough you can believe

What I have come to know

Too bad the politicians

Can't practice what I preach

Then there might be solutions

To the problems within our reach

DroneFingers

No comments:

Post a Comment