Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Day I Found Peace

Never be in a hurry, do everything quietly, and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.

Saint Francis de Sales Swiss Clergyman 1567-1622 (he goes way back)

THE DAY I FOUND PEACE

My day began in a hurried fashion

Run, run, run!  Life spins out of control

I feel a trap door beneath my feet

I feel the life sucked from my soul

When was the last time I stopped to look at rainbows?

How did I get so rushed and driven?

In pursuit of what made me so shallow

That I would miss the purpose of truly living?

I hung my hat on the lowest branches

Of a tree lush with shade and filled with song

Sat back to feel what nature touches

Let the free birds fly and take me along

Fly away fly away fly away home

Peaceful memories can replace futility

I closed my eyes and let the gentle wind blow

There I found true serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment