Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Bliss

I discovered the secret of the sea in meditation upon a dewdrop.

Khalil Gibran

MY BLISS

I had discovered the secret to my bliss

In meditation alone in the countryside

I was motivated past hit and miss

Into a destiny I was driven to ride

As I sat upon a lowly hill

Letting my mind run free

So many dreams I might fulfill

If I could have a little faith in me

Allowing my mind to wander

In such a fashion grand

I'll never reach that summit yonder

With all that potential grasped tightly in my hand

I should open up my hand and toss

My hopes and dreams into the wind

And before I have the chance to lose them

Pursue them vigorously with  time to spend

It is all merely a fantasy

If you remain dreaming of breathing the mountain air

Perched upon the lowly hill

Hoarding the time you had to spare

No comments:

Post a Comment