Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sad

SAD

Once a hopeful child of freedom

Once a patriotic, flag waving soul

I once thought anything good that becomes of me

Would happen due to liberty

Once lied to and called a bigot

Once subjected to wholesale propaganda

I unwillingly was was shown a darker path

Where all the lowly citizens finished last

Once reminded that I had no degree

And stripped of opportunity

Then regulated in all that life entailed

I became a schooner without ample sails

It was at the hands of a corrupt society

Brought to power via apathy, irreconcilably

We thought our rights were written in stone

While our backs were turned it all was gone

And the brave no longer had a home

And the rockets red glare could ignite no hope

It's a long shot we can get it back

And the dawn's early light now fades to black

No comments:

Post a Comment