Sunday, March 23, 2014

As I Share My Words

The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.

Ben Okri Nigerian Poet

AS I SHARE MY WORDS

These words I use to express myself

I organize them in rhyme to be said

I cannot sit back and suppress myself

Too much to say dances in my head

The words bring to life my fantasy

The real world in my own kaleidoscope

They paint what I feel, what I see

The details of my deep down desires, my hope

I can create the moon and stars for you

With the words that come to mind

I'll provide temporarily relief for those things you do

Of the most monotonous kind

Use my rhymes to write a song

Sing it with feeling to that special one

Who makes you know life can't go wrong

Words can be the oceans, the mountains, the sun

And though sometimes I rhyme my suffering heart

And project my sadness for all to see

It's because it is difficult to disregard

I have left it all in black and white for me

As I share my words from deep inside me

I pour my soul onto the blank pages

It will take a while before I find me

Within the creativity that rages











No comments:

Post a Comment