Thursday, November 28, 2013

Perspective

Given the amount of unjust suffering and unhappiness in the world, I am deeply grateful for, sometimes ever perplexed by, how much I have been spared.

PERSPECTIVE

I've lost friends and jobs and money for sure

I've broken mirrors and crashed a car

I have loved and lost and loved again

I've traveled near but not too far

I've been audited and charged too much

And I have suffered financial strife

But all this is so miniscule

When you visit another's life

They have seen the suffering of people they love

From cancer and other disease

The cars they crashed caused injury

Their audits proved deceptive and had their assets seized

The love of their life had cheated

And kept them from their kids

They mourn the one they lost so young

To a malady known as SIDS

There are those who have lost possessions

When hurricanes took the home they shared

And the devastation divided them

From anyone who cared

When I see how others have suffered

And have managed to bounce back

The insignificance of my self proclaimed tragedies

Makes it easier to adapt

I have become forever grateful

For blessing too many to count

And live with hope and pray for those

Who have futures full of doubt





No comments:

Post a Comment