Sunday, November 3, 2013

Needing to Believe

George Eliot:

The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.

NEEDING TO BELIEVE

Do we ever reflect on the wonder

Beneath the deep blue sea

It is filled with miracles of life

Evolutions key?

Reflecting on God's existence

Questioning how on earth did I get here

Looking out over the ocean

Should I love Him, should I fear?

If only my perception

Leaned one way or the next

Those who truly believe

Why can't I know why they feel blessed

Something oh so simple

A gentle worldly nudge

But the beach is barren before me

How on earth am I to judge

The angels came to visit me

As here alone I stand

I would never know they had been here

If not for footprints in the sand

No comments:

Post a Comment