Sunday, November 24, 2013

Imperfection

Learn to...be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. (Henri Frederic Amiel)

IMPERFECTION

The innocent youth that was my foundation

Had not the strength to keep me pure

It comes to prove with each child's creation

Circumstances makes that innocence more and more obscure

I was not to grow into a perfect being

I rejected some things that we're vital in some respect

As I looked ahead I was clearly not seeing

What I should have embraced, what I failed to reject

It took too many years to accept the flaws

That marred my person but grew my character

Nature itself has its blame in the cause

That leads to perfection's barrier

It is in maturity I now understand

That to shed the flaws that do me harm

I must display the good to countermand

What the serpent impressed on me with his charm

No comments:

Post a Comment