Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Gratitude

So much has been given to me. I have not time to ponder over that which has been denied.

Helen Keller

I've been blessed with all the riches money cannot buy

Wallow in what I've lost, I won't even try

Happy tears, not sad tears taste better when I cry

I'll never regret what I never had, and now I know why

Possessions never made me who I am

Trophies gather dust so I no longer feel I have to win

Jealousy and bitterness would be sure to do me in

Accepting what comes from another's heart is surely not a sin

The friendships that remained when adversity I found

The hands that reached out when I tumbled to the ground

To look up and see all my loved ones still around

Are for who my gratitude and prayers are Heaven bound

I have no time to lament the perception of negative deeds

Loving people around me is really what I need

It doesn't get me anywhere to be frustrated by the greed

As long as I have God, only gratitude will I bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment