Sunday, September 8, 2013

Memories

He that plants trees loves others besides himself.

Thomas Fuller

Memories

Here is one for dad

The blue spruce in the middle of my yard

He grows slowly but will someday be mighty

The one who will be standing guard

These two willows are for my brother

As I will always weep for his sadness

When I see them sway and rustle in the breeze

I'll pray he was happy to escape all his madness

These fruit trees represent a bountiful life

In honor of the people I adore

The fruit that they bear I appreciate

Almost as much as the people I planted them for

This silver maple is for us

Standing proudly marking time as we do

She rattles her leaves when we're happy

She droops in the rain when we're blue

Trees spur my loving memories

Monuments to those who are a part if me

Their beauty and life they represent

Will always warm the heart in me




No comments:

Post a Comment