Saturday, August 10, 2013

TOO EASY

"If you run across a path with nothing in your way then it probably leads you to nowhere." J.T. Dixon

TOO EASY

The highways stretch across the country

70 miles per hour, no lights, no stops

Your only concerns are

The traffic and cops

There are many souls on the highway

To uncertainty they're headed

Finality is on their mind

Firmly embedded

Pedal to the metal

Living life with no purpose

Being only skin deep

Never straying from the surface

I have chosen the back roads

Which are sometimes quite slow

Knowing when I get there

There will be nowhere else to go

While I am stalled in my progress

Before I restart

There is plenty of time

For the things in my heart

I find that life filled with obstacles

Is what living is about

Not life on the fast track

And an easy way out

No comments:

Post a Comment